Alton Towers is going to be celebrating national rollercoaster day with a huge event this year! Unlike previous years where the event has come and gone this year the park will be extending ride close for Nemesis along with special guest, John Wardley and reduced ticket prices for those that bring a old ride photo with them to the ticket booths on park.
“Celebrate the 25th anniversary of Nemesis on the 16th, 17th & 18th August!
We are marking National Rollercoaster Day with a three-day celebration for guests to honour the 25th anniversary of iconic rollercoaster Nemesis between Friday 16th August & Sunday 18th August.
During the Nemesis silver anniversary weekend you will be able to take part in some extras experiences including:
- Ride Nemesis until 7pm across the weekend - that's an extra hour of twists and turns!
- Meet legendary rollercoaster designer John Wardley throughout the weekend in a special meet and greet opportunity
- The first 250 Nemesis riders on each day will receive a limited edition "Nemesis 25" pin badge
- Bring an old on-ride photo on-the-day and get entry (plus a free Digital Photo) for just £25!
- Plus, the on-ride photo has been redesigned exclusively for the weekend and guests will receive 25% off all Nemesis merchandise
From Friday August 16th, the Staffordshire-based Theme Park will celebrate 25 years of Europe’s first inverted coaster with a reduced entry of £25 and free limited edition digital ride photo for those who bring along an existing official ride photo from any of their coasters.”